Sunday, January 21, 2007

Planetshakers Conference 2007 - Perth

Planetshakers this year was met with warm reception from our Church, with many people opting out of it or having to work during the duration of the conference. I was excited to be at the conference because they're always great, but inside I didn't have the same expectations as the previous times.

The first night went off quite awesomely, with Perth finally not being jipped in terms of lighting and effects (the wall of lights as a background was incredible) and Russell Evans delivering a good message. The songs themselves this year seemed uninspired... and the dance moves for "Praise Him"... are shocking (it's like the monkey!).

But throughout the night, God was trying to tell me something. I should come to this conference with a spirit of Expectation, and realise that it's never about the songs, or the speakers, it's just about God. So I did it. I expected God to do great things at the conference. I expected to feel His presence when praising and worshiping Him with the new songs. And He did all those things for me. I got so much out of this conference you wouldn't believe and I just felt re-energized to go and do His work in every situation and circumstance.

At the end of the day, the conference is about 'empowering a generation to win a generation' and it does this phenomenally through God's power. Nothing could compare to coming up and just feeling burdens fall, chains broken and honestly surrendering to God situations that seemed impossible. Praying for, and receiving breakthrough!

The situation I prayed for was just my relationship with my parents. For those of you who don't really know, we've never been that close. And I just prayed in petition for a change, for greater understanding between us... and slowly but surely, it's there. Coming home I felt an immediate change. I guess respecting my parents wishes and not going on the Kalbarri trip was the right thing to do, it leveled me up +1 in my parents' eyes. And... I actually did think it was impossible for me to ever be on proper talking terms with my parents, due to the massive generational gap and mismatched expectations on life. But slowly and surely, God's working in His own time.

Planetshakers isn't just for High School kids (or 14-year-olds), it's for anyone expecting to see a change, needing God in any circumstances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh booyakka pete

seems u have killed quite the mighty lion there & possibly a generational curse. yo i feel that


amen2that